Want to book a Traveling Barista for your event?
Find out more about all of our mobile cart catering services by clicking the links below!
Want to learn more about becoming a Traveling Barista?
We are a small business serving out of Orange County, California. We have a passion for coffee and for creating an environment for people to connect with each other, and we are looking for people who share our passions. A Traveling Barista at The Funky Brewster travels to our client’s event with a Coffee Cart, sets up, handcrafts espresso and anti-coffee beverages, tears down, and maintains their own Coffee Cart.
We believe in the creativity of coffee and the value of relationships. The simplicity of a cup of coffee creates an experience that inspires connection; from the fellow barista or client sitting “across the table”, to the farmers who handpick each coffee cherry “around the world”. We celebrate and honor the connections that are made by respecting each other, serving our clients with extraordinary hospitality, and remembering the origin of each bean.
Here’s what we’re looking for in our baristas:
- A passion for coffee, and for connecting people.
- Part-time availability. We are currently looking for someone that can be available at least Monday – Thursday (4am – 4pm). The more availability you have, the more hours you will receive.
- Events can start early, so you must be willing to work early mornings.
- 75% of our events are in the morning; 25% are in the afternoons, evenings, and on weekends.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs, including a small commercial espresso machine, and be able to push/pull up to 150 lb cart.
- Have reliable transportation that you can use to transport cart to and from events (we reimburse mileage at the federal rate of $.58/mile).
- Have a smart phone at your disposal to navigate to and from events and utilize company apps.
- Must be based within the areas in which we operate and willing to drive throughout Orange County and Los Angeles. Again, mileage is reimbursed and we pay for your drive time to/from events when transporting equipment.
- Customer service and barista experience is preferred, but not mandatory.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, clean and organized, proficient in multitasking, and have the ability to work well both independently and alongside a team.
Our Traveling Baristas receive the following benefits:
- A competitive hourly pay + tips
- Tips are not guaranteed as part of your hourly pay, however most of our baristas make an additional $10 – $15/hour in tips from our clients.
- Opportunity for growth: We strive to help our employees grow toward their passions and pursuits, whether those are with our company or in the next steps of their journey. We currently have opportunities in office administration, purchasing, and equipment maintenance.
- Paid Vacation: Accrue up to 40 hours per year
- Paid Sick Leave: 24 hours per year
- Paid vacation and sick leave begins after 90 days of employment
- Hourly compensation + benefits + potential for tips. Our baristas average over $20/hr with tips!